Friday, October 31, 2008

Voting just became a hassle

So....during the course of my entire voting career, my polling place has been conveniently located directly across the street from my house at good ol' Henry Longfellow Elementary school. I recently received my practice ballot (or whatever that thing is called), and guess what...my polling place has been relocated. What the hell!? Now, I have to travel to some crazy church that I've never heard of and have no clue to its location. Not a big deal, you say, well here is the kicker. Longfellow will still be utilized as a polling place, just not mine. Why would my polling place be relocated when the closest polling place is a rock toss from my front porch. Whoever is in charge of this is a dumb ass.

5 comments:

Pete said...

In Obama's America, new technology will eliminate the need for polling places. You will simply have to think about who you want to vote for.

Lynlee said...

Perfect, then I can go back to voting in my pjs

Kujo said...

i think i'm voting at that same crazy church

Jeff said...

I'm pretty sure you can call the number and have them switch it back. When I first moved to my place on Rosemead near The Boat they had me voting somewhere south of the 10. I asked for somewhere closer and they moved me to some old lady's living room about two blocks away. Sure, it was dark and smelled like 10 years of built up piss from her dozen cats, but it was much closer.

Anonymous said...

god bless americaaaa!!!