Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Gift of Gab...

It's a good thing for me that we don't live in ancient Greece. If we lived in the time of Homer, I would be shit out of luck. I can't relate a decent story verbally to save my life. Sometimes, I'll try to tell a story about a funny thing that happened to me, and I'll realize half way through that I have totally lost your interest or that frankly the story wasn't great to begin with and I try to wrap it up quickly which ruins it. I think however, that I can't spin a decent yarn in written form.. I think it must be destiny that I was born into an age when blogging is possible. Writing and re-writing, that's my style. Yes, I do make up certain facts for dramatic effect, but admit it, so do you when you are telling your stories. My strength, I like to think, in the social situation is listening. I love to here a good story retold and I respect the skill it takes to do it. Please don't take me for being aloof when we are sitting there have a beer and I can't think of anything good to say, it's just that...well, I can't think of anything good to say. But I'll gladly listen to, and be genuinely interested in anything you might want to tell a story about.

1 comment:

appojax said...

WORD. 2 your mother, that is.