Tuesday, March 27, 2007

another awkward pirroette is the general direction of hope and joy...

The problem: Rent+ Bills = need for money= a job= boredom, misery, stress, the feeling that the best years of your life are slipping away from you.

The Solution: Living rent free in a caravan (trailer) on a farm.

Yes indeedy ratracers I'm becoming trailer trash- I was sat in work a couple of weeks ago, my mind numbed by the pointless repetitive tasks I perform, thinking to myself, 'wasn't I supposed to be getting away from this and working on festivals and so forth'. Yes but the rent needed paying, the bills were mounting so back to the office I had to go. Then in a flash of light, road to Damascus style I saw the answer- My parents have a caravan, my aunt and uncle have a farm- I AM THE DREAM WEAVER!

So come next month I'll be living on the farm, spending my time roaming around on my bike, fishing, hiking, foraging for food, painting, reading, working at festivals, doing odd jobs and volunteer work, lying in the sun, surfing, swimming and generally being free.

Comfort and convenience just isn't worth the endless stress of pointless jobs done grudgingly to little applause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Owen
happy birthday the other day!!!