Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hollywood Styleez

So I just finished watching the remake of "The Omen" on DVD. I know your first question is "Why?" I don't know, all I can say is I didn't rent it, I borrowed it from someone who did. Of course, it was a piece of crap, but at least Hollywood is staying true to its values, because even in a reamake of a 30 year old horror movie they didn't forget to do one thing...add a car chase. Because what does every hollywood movie have to have regardles of context or time period? Of course a car chase. Gone are the days of gratuitous violence and unnecessary nudity, arrived are the days of the car chase. Blaring sirens, the shot of the gear shift being jammed into place are all requisitely present in this fine example of Hollywood movie making. I was an hour and 45min into this thing and asking myself how they were going to work in the car chase? All I can say is Bravo. Bravo.

2 comments:

Lynlee said...

Who's driving in this chase scene? Damien is a little shit, if I remember correctly...He isn't driving right?

Pete said...

Damien's father is racing towards holy ground so he can stab the devil's son, unfortunately there are conveniently cops hanging out right outside his house that give chase.