Saturday, March 01, 2008

Minor Complaints

I have turned into a degenerate. I haven't painted in about three months and due to the cold weather I have been biking less and less to work because of this new car I got. Last night I had a recurring dream about being the main character in a first person shooter who had to blast his way out of a school filled with scary characters from horror movies.

On the bright side of things, I have two jobs. One of which involves living rent-free next to a park where I can see the stars at night, though last night was strange because a film crew has set up shop down the road for midnight-5am shootings with intense lights that rival those of LA's downtown nokia center when Josh Groban or the Chinese Circus is in town. And these lights flashed from time to time, which leads me to wonder what kind of film they are shooting: explosions? no, not unless they spend a couple thou on sounds in post-production. is it laser beams? maybe. lightning? jesus I thought some scientist was creating some kind of outdoor weather experiment on his own. i woulda asked him for some sun.

In the dorm hallway the other night a skinny African kid named Mbenga (identities have been changed to protect the innocent) who looks as if he could be a marathoner one day was wrestling this Japanese kid who could maybe be the next incarnation of Yokozuna if he keeps it up.

Me, as big guy gets little guy in a headlock: "Hey! Stop that!"
LG (little guy): "No, no. We're just playing. We do this all the time!"
Me: "Well, he might trip, fall down and you are gonna crack open your head against this here wall. So you must stop, understand?"
BG and LG: "Okay." Still in form (the little guy headlocked by the big guy), the two then proceed ten or twelve feet to the common room where they fall on some beanbags and resume their eternal struggle. Compromise achieved, but I just hope sumo don't eat the flatbread one day, you know what I mean?

No comments: