Friday, April 17, 2009

The Graveyard Shift

Ha. My dad used to work at the big Post Office on Lincoln, pretty much for as long as I was alive, til he died. He worked some weird hours; he'd leave after dinner at around 530 and get back home 'round 230 in the am. Me and my sister, Angela, watching reruns of Taxi and Tales From the Darkside would see the headlights and hear his car pull into the driveway as we scurried to our rooms.

I wonder if my mom ever thought that my dad cheated on her? Probably, I guess that's natural? But after he passed, some of his friends told me they admired that my dad never really looked at any other chicks even when they went out drinkin. Don't really know if that's true but I appreciate it I guess.

Anyway that's a weird way to start a post. I was reminded of stayin up late probably because of Randy's post title and also because I am actually staying up late too. Why am I up late you ask. Well I am painting a portrait of George and Priscilla Miranda. Why am I doing you wonder. Well I am a motherfucker I guess. But it's fun times believe it or not, I did a shot or two of Maker's and washin it down with some Heiny.

Times are alright. I wish it was hott already. I still work too much thought most of my time is spent playing basketball and making food. So that's pretty cool. Then again my work and home life intersect so much that I really actually live inside my own rat race, only there's no race, only kids who need food and guidance.

Oh by the way!!! There's a party here at Southwestern Academy (2800 Monterey Rd. San Marino 91108...Dave knows where it is he takes advantage of the gym every so) called ArtsFest at the end of the month, Apr 30th a Tuesday to be exack. And you all are invited. There's art and music and a fashion show I think? And me and Steffanie is gonna be there. PLus I have some pieces I been working on there. So it would be cool and it starts at 2pm until sunset. Also there is raffles for thinks like wiis and bicycles.

enough self-promotion... did i tell you guys the steff is my beer pong partner in the upcoming JBC?? (JOE BIMA CLASSIC!!!) this is the thrid annual one, suckas!!!

ps i don't think you guyse are suckers. thanks for reading this far i love you.

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I will stop by southwestern on my way home from work on April 30th. See you there!!