Thursday, April 23, 2009

This is what a Google search led me to....

I can't even begin to recall how I came to search Google images for St. Elizabeth Church photos... but that led me to Altadena's website. Then I read an abridged history of the City of Altadena (written by Mike Manning... ha!). That brought me to a blog written mainly by members of the Altadena Chamber of Commerce - when this article caught my eye. I'd love to hear what you guys think since I'm removed from the situation now.

http://ywcapasadena.blogspot.com/2008/08/wrong-side-of-tracks.html

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I have two friends that live on the East side of Lake. They have great houses in a great neighborhood with really cool neighbors. Now that I live in Highland Park (well, on the edge up on a hill in HP) I can see how the race thing matters. There are people that live in our neighborhood that want us to get a separate zip code so people don't think we are in HP. I understand when you are worried about property value, but I get a dirty feeling thinking about how I might benefit from something that feels covertly racist.