Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday Night Fever

Having spent the last two nights sitting in my parent's backyard getting thrououghly wasted drinking gin and tonics (Jeff was right, a Sapphire and tonic might be the perfect summer drink) my body is no mood for another night of drinking. I sit here at my computer chugging water. It tastes so good when you are really thirsty. Lauri is at work, Randy is out East, and everyone else seems to be either out drinking, or out working. To be honest I just came back from visiting Lauri at my job. It felt pretty pathetic to be there on my night off, but it serves dual purposes. I was able to check up on my new crew. You see, I've accepted a "promotion" to Event Operations Manager. I now manage a crew of about 20 people that handle all equipment set-ups and janitorial duties around the facility. Its more of a lateral move stepping out of the lime light for a "back of house" position. It's more money and once I get things running smoothly, it will be more regular hours. Plus, no more answering phones all day and fighting with clients about money. Plus once we get our new facilities built it will become a huge job with lots of opportunities for growth. It's a good thing and I'm excited. So anyway, going down there tonight lets them know that the new boss has thier eye on them. But I'm home now and I'm wondering what the hell to do with the rest of the night.

No comments: