Thursday, August 09, 2007

Things you don't need...

It's a funny thing about having slighty more money than you need. You end up buying some crazy shit sometimes. Let me list for you some of the purchases that I've made over the last few weeks:

1. Buck Knife that has plyers, flat and phillips screw drivers, and a can opener. It can be opened with one hand, in case you're "in a tight spot".

2. Remember that video game for the PS one called Intelligent Qube? Probably not because they sold so few of them that it's now considered sort of a collector's item. Well I dug that game but never bought it when it was new. I found it on Amazon.com for about twice what it originally sold for. (it was still way cheaper than the eBay price)Yeah...I bought that.

3. Custom made vans. on vans.com you can put together your own slip-ons or old school shoe. I made a pair of dark brown old-school shoes. Sure they won't be here for 5-7 weeks, but what the hell.

4. Boony hats. I actually went to an army surplus store and bought a solid green army boony hat. Why? I needed a sun hat for hiking and I like the small brim. You also can't beat the fact that it has a strap around it so that if I need to camoflauge my head I can stick some branches in there. I'm gonna wear it camping and there's nothing you cunts can do about it. Oh yeah, and I also bought a matching one for Lauri.

Yeah, pretty crazy. I should probably stop all this frivolous spending and go put some of that surplus in a CD or something. These are all pretty minor purchases so I don't feel bad about it, but they are also things that I thoroughly don't need.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I see nothing crazy about any of those purchases. I'm going to look into those custom Vans. Maybe some Galaxy colors.

Lauri said...

I like my hat! And i got some custom vans too.