Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Now you know and Knowing...

Here's list of what I'm currently listening to and how that came to be:

Johnny Cash- The Man Comes Around
Its an apocolyptic song with up and downs. I think Johnny recorded it near the end of his career, because his voice is a kind of raspy. There are a bunch of recordings of it, so I don't think Johnny actually wrote it. Anyone know the origin of this one? I heard it on the final scene of the final episode of the HBO mini-series Generation Kill, which I liked.

Peter Tosh- Wanted, Dread or Alive
I heard this song on Pineapple Express and liked it because of the line, "I'm wa-anted, by the evil forces." I like that

MGMT- Time to Pretend
Its from the Beer Pong video that Vic made.

That couple that was in that movie "Once"-You ain't goin no where
This is a Bob Dylan song that I really like. I think their version, lends a certain somethin' to it.

Josh Ritter- To the dogs or whoever
I don't know who Josh Ritter is, I found this song on Rainn Wilson's celebrity playlist on itunes. It's pretty much the best song I've come across in years. It begins "deep in the belly of whale I found her..."

GZA The Genius - Pencil
Anytime a member of the Wu-Tang comes out with a new album I try to find at least one song to download. I don't want to row in my appreciation of the finer things. Question, are there any songs (raps?) by members of the wu-tang clan that do not in some way reference killer bees. If there are I do not want to know about it.

Thats pretty much it. I'm always looking for new stuff, or old stuff that I haven't heard, so throw somethin' out there for me.

Nothin much else going on. I'm slowly re-watching my entire DVD collection over again on my giant television. let me know if you want to screen a flick at my house. I feel like the whole point of having a nice TV is so that watching movies can be more event-like, as in more like actually going to the movies. I find that most of the movies I really like, aren't much fun unless you watch them with someone who also really likes them. I've been meaning to watch Tombstone sometime soon. Let me know if you're up for it. I tried to watch the old animated Transformers move with Orson Welles as the Unicron and Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron, it just didn't hold up like you would think it would. Although, the best part of that movie is that it has the song in it that Dirk Diggler records in Boogie Nights. "You got the touch, you got the Power..."
Work sucks right now. People around here lose their fucking minds in the summer because there are no events going on, me included.

2 comments:

Lynlee said...

MGMT also have this song called Kids that I really like.
I also recommend Old Dirty Bastards song Snakes (from his first album, however it may be on one of thos cds that I made for you)

appojax said...

feel, feel, feel-feel...feel my heeeeat..!