Sunday, January 11, 2009

Makes No Sense

I would like to take the time to comment about a Southwest Airlines commercial I seen tonight during the Laker-Heat game. By the way the Lakes are up five with about 2 minutes left. Ah shit Beasley just made a trey.. ANYWAY:

In a supermarket parking lot, a man is trying to jimmy open a car door while his wife looks on. He is patient, then harried, and finally frenetic. Losing all patience, the man tells his woman to wait while he fetches a largish rock, which he tosses at the driver-side window, presumably to smash said glass and retrieve his locked-in keys.

Or so we THINK? As the rock bounces harmlessly away and the car alarm sounds, another man walks up to the couple and asks, "What are you doing with my car??" Then the couple realize their car is in the next row of cars.

WTF? This makes no sense, i.e why would the couple think it was their car when in fact their keys....Jesus. Southwest had some funny commercials but this latest installation leaves me baffled. So a la Stan the Man I will give one of you a special No-Prize if you can explain this to me.

ps the Lakers are up 2 with 6.6 left. I would wait to tell you the outcome but the game is going to commercials and besides that's what the news and ESPN is for.

No comments: