Sunday, January 25, 2009

Potential Movie Screening

Given the dry spell of good movies (see previous post)I have a movie that I've been wanting to screen. It's the highly overlooked Coen Bros. movie called Miller's Crossing. For me, I think its my second or third favorite Coen bros. movie, behind The Big Lebowski and and maybe behind Oh, Brother... (I'm can be swayed in either direction.)
Miller's Crossing is a prohibition era gangster movie. It's a great character piece with a complicated plot. It looks great, having been shot by Barry Sonenfeld, it has a much cleaner look that any of their other movies. Its classic Coen though, dark and funny.
Anyone interested in coming over for a look see? No theme nights or dinner. Just a little artful esacapism.

2 comments:

Amanda Jane said...

I am interested in watching it on Friday.

Anonymous said...

how does Raising Arizona rank on your CB list? it's top three for me.