Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Thank you to Governor Reagan for Freeing the Lunatics

Sometimes, I get to work in that speacial time of the morning. Sundays, 7am. It that time when the lunatics of Pasadena are the only ones out and about and are free to roam the streets, talking to themselves, singing to themselves, taking naps in front of the post office, asking me for dollars and if its an especially luck day...dropping dueces in front of my office door. (Today was not one of those days thankfully.) Its like lunatic paradise out there. Even if someone looks perfectly normal...watchout! They know that if they dress nice you might give them a dollar. Normally, I hide in my office and let the lunatics have their time in the sun. But today, hung over and needing Gatorade, I ventured out. I began to think that if I was the only sane one on the street then perhaps that made me the "Insane" one in this context. Sanity is all matters of degree and perception. And let me say this the doors of perception are open!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

They are out after hours too. Like last night i went shopping and there was a guy who was dressed ok and he was kinda hanging out then all of a sudden he started yelling and talking to himself. Scary.