Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I can't wait........

..to go on VACATION!!! Who's ready? huh? Cuz i sure am! Only 8 more days to go and i'm outta here. I've been checking weather.com for our beach temps and i think we're looking good guys. I'm of course expecting the morning cloudiness but i'm hoping for some great stars which i think we all don't look enough at while we're there. One bummer is that the days are getting shorter. I hate rushing to make dinner to go down to the tracks. Well we'll see how it goes. We're gonna have a keg this year in the big green tent! I think the people around us are gonna wonder why in the world so many people keep going in and out of this green tent. Its gonna be so relaxing though. Then Pete and i are gonna go to Sequoia right after that! I've never been to Sequoia but if its even close to what Yosemite is, i can't wait. I think this will be the longest vacation time i've taken. Almost two weeks! Coming back to work is gonna suck. But for now i'm excited. I'm training this guy at work so that when i'm gone he can do a few things. I'm half ass training him cuz he can't be trusted with certain mfg information. Then i need to make sure that i'm off at the Civic too. That might be a bit tricky but i think Pete covered it all for us.

Speaking of the Civic. I haven't talked about how its been working there since i got the new position. Its ok. Its kinda what i thought it would be but kinda not. I think that's how it is with all jobs though. I started out working some shifts with Pete. Which was great cuz we were hanging out together and i was getting paid to do it. i was also learning a lot from him about the job, things i didn't know. Then our shifts changed around a bit and i was working and he wasn't, i hate that! Not only that but i was learning things from co-workers that didn't mesh with Pete's taining. I got lazy and not confident in myself. I don't work again till Sat. so hopefully i can get back on track over there.

At this job things have been a bit tense. The girl who worked up in the front office left abruptly and pissed off her supervisor, Jennifer. Now i came to be kinda friends with this girl (she's the one who got pregnant earlier in the year, i think you all know that story) and we would talk now and again up in the front office. Well Jennifer didn't like that cuz she's got some weird thing about how i talk to certain people and not to her. It comes down to her being crazy. So when the girl told Jennifer it was her last week Jennifer freaked out all of a sudden and they barely spoke for the rest of the week until Thursday came around. Thursday i decieded not to go to work so i missed the whole thing. I got all the gossip on Friday so this info is like third hand stuff. But i guess Jennifer yelled and kinda cursed at her and then she freaked out and ran up to my boss's car, who was just driving in, and said she was leaving today. Then some meetings took place and she got a bad deal here. She ended up leaving at about 10am on thursday. The party on Friday was cancelled and somehow my name was thrown in a couple of times. How i got involved is just Jennifer being crazy. I know the story got a bit short at the end there but i can't type all that happened. Not to mention Pete would make fun of me. Enough about that though, i got something else to say now... Have any of you seen that show on Discovery call Dirty Jobs? Oh my God i love that show! He's hilarious. He reminds me a bit of my uncle who lives in SD and he also reminds me of a Simpons character. He's funny and the people who's jobs he goes to are funny. Its just a great show. Check it out sometime. I watched the same episode back to back last night cuz it was so good.

Well i hope no one says i don't blog cuz i just wrote a novel. I need some more coffee (which explains the ranting here, coffee schkeming) and then i guess i'll see what the six people who work for me are up to. I'm sure i'll see you all this weekend sometime. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Its so true lauri, so true.

Kujo said...

good long post lauri but, come on, don't comment on your own post it looks pathetic.

camping will be good times.