Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What is this world coming to?

So... I'm back, and how you ask? Well, my boss took a meeting in Long beach, so I either spend the afternoon on the internet, or sleep at my desk, not so fun, I've already tried. Lauri's post filled with camping stuff made me think. So, I'm planning on coming down to hang out for some camping this year. I'm not so much of a camper, but I've been told that it's mostly wake up, drink, sit on the beach, drink, sit by a fire, drink, play clue & sorry and drink. That I'm totally up for.
Oh, what is this world coming to I ask, well I was at target the other day, I heard Lauri's voice in my head say something about sorry and camping, so I ventured over to the game section, and guess what? They didn't have hungry hungry hippos (a personal favorite) or Trouble (another of my favorites). I was going t buy them for camping. What the F! No trouble or hungry hungry hippos (from here on out to be refered to as H3). Taget is my go to place, they have so much that I need and even more that I do not need but find myself purchasing anyway. And yet when I go looking for something important like H3 and trouble they don't have them. I am disappointed!

12 comments:

Lauri said...

Are you sure they didn't have those games? Cuz Target has a shit load of games in their game section. Did you end up buying some other stuff tho to make up for the lack of games to be purchased?

Lynlee said...

I know I was totally confused they only had crappy games, or games that we don't need for example, they had about 6 different versions of clue, og clue, simpsons clue, clue jr., clue in old wood box etc. I bought some cards and poker chips, and I already have dominoes. But, other than that I have no games, except maybe beer pong, my favoritest of them all

appojax said...

i think shitload is one word if i am not mistaken. and i am not.

Lynlee said...

3 more words: Shut up Joe

Anonymous said...

oh my god, i cant believe i am missing camping. this is the last year i make that mistake.
and dont forget about Jenga!!!!

Lauri said...

Yes Jenga! that was a great game to have last year.

Pete said...

Camping without Emily is gonna be like...I don't know... It's gonna be like...like...oh I got it, like New Star Wars...I still enjoy the Light Saber Fights (i.e. Drinking, talking shit and the Beach) but the underlying story and dialogue is simply lacking in a major way.

Amanda Jane said...

Emily you will be missed! Just as an aside, one of my favorite emily quotes of all time: "I swear to god, fly." If you don't understand, ask me later.

Pete said...

My favorite Emily quote, (and I wasn't even there for it):
"Bonnie my grandma says you're a whore!"

Jeff said...

I for one am not going to miss Emily at all. She annoys the shit out of me!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, i can seriously beat your ass right now.

Anonymous said...

oh, and pete... the quote is actually "Bonnie, my grandma told me to tell you that you're a "