Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Working for the Man

I am into my second week of working for the National Assembly for Wales (essentially a piss ant pseudo government for a piss ant pseudo country). Quite how I got the job is a mystery known only to the strange winds blown by employment agencies, it is however very timely as my adventure as a struggling artist was becoming more about struggle and less about art. Hopefully i'll be able to work this gig for a few months, then the conections/skills/ideas/delusional plans i've been making for the last couple of months will come to fruition in the summer, and i'll be back to my bohemian ways.
I am currently a 'reports officer' which seems to involve sitting around in a room full of files, going on the net, listening to your ipod and occasionally moving a file to another room in a different building where people are sitting around going on the net and listening to their ipods. I am fitting in well.
This will give me a large amount of time to write blogs, so hopefully any flashes of inspiration i have will make their way to the rat race (and perhaps encourage an upturn in the rather sluggish contribution rate of late?).
anyway, better go move a file, adios.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

LoL. i love jobs where i can just listen to my ipod!

Pete said...

Im moving to the Wales

Randy said...

iPods are great. Especially when you can listen to them in your office doing nothing.

Anonymous said...

hey
are we will let you know the final dates for camping.