Monday, February 13, 2006

the welshman is out

Hey guys, after much deliberation and internal wrangling I have decided that I can't come camping this year. I am very touched that you want me there again (although I think Tim is just trying to avoid being the hairiest guy on the beach). However, I'm only doing about two days a week paid work at the moment, so i haven't paid off any of the debt I created on my last trip, just massaged it and wispered promises in its ear. Also that weekend is the same weekend as Britains best music festival, which will be a somewhat cheaper place to get loose. keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

Lynlee said...

What!! NO Owen, and I was even planning to go this year. I may have to reconsider.

Pete said...

Owen, do you really think a dozen American twenty somethings with no foreigners around to keep thier manners in check can be trusted with this much alcohol and fire. If the whole of southern califonia is burnt to a crisp (crisp as in a state of being badly burnt and not a deep fried slice of potato on which you put salt and vinegar, although the imagery might fit quite nicely either way) The blame will land squarely at your door my friend. Do you really want to start an international incident over this? Besides, if you're only working 2 days a week, that just means plenty of time off for camping.