Sunday, December 09, 2007

Moe the Elder needs your ideas

Yo peeps what's happening? I know it's been forever since you heard anything outta me. But to tell you the truth it's only because for the most part shit don't go on up here. It has gotten colder, snowed a couple of days and now it's icy. That's it. I am still working for my uncle doing whatever he tells me to. Lately a lot of construction type of work. Not really into it I am not a fan of the manual labor. But he pays me so I do it. I did apply for a job as the Administrative Assistant at the Cordova PD. It pays more and probably not as much as work so cross your fingers for that. The more money I make the faster I come back.
So anyway that is what's going on up here in a nutshell. Now the real reason I blogged is this. My Mom is having a brunch in two weeks and since she is convinced I am an alcoholic I am in charge of drinks. She says she wants Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's. That's great. Only problem I have never made either of those. So what I am asking for is the "Perfect Bloody Mary" and Mimosa recipes (please include portions). Please keep in mind I live in AK so any ingredients that can only been found in CA won't work. So substitute ok? Well that's about it for now I look forward to your submissions. THANKS!!!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

As far as mimosas go, you want to get cheap champagne since you really won't taste it anyways. I do about 2 parts champagne to 1 part OJ, but its really to people's taste. If available up there in BFE you should try Blood Orange juice in your mimosa - tasty.

Pete said...

You can't make the perfect bloody mary without trader joe's bloody mary mix. BUT the key is, to a bloody mary buffet of sorts. So you can let everyone do their own portions. The bar should include the following: Vodka, Bloody Mary Mixer, Plain tomato juice, clamato, Lots of Limes, green olives, celery, Tabasco sauce, Worchester Sauce, salt and pepper and lots and lots of ice. To me the bloody Mary's taste good in a pint glass, but if you're short on those the solo party cups work good as well.

Pete said...

Also, have you ever thought of simply agreeing with you mom and telling her that you are in fact a rabid alcoholic and that alcoholism is a disease and therefor you should not be working or trying to support yourself. Perhaps have yourself declared officially disabled by the state and get a fatty check every month? Just a thought. I think thats how I'm going to manage my retirement actually. At age 65, I'm going to walk into a bank naked and have myself declared incompetent and collect and go on welfare, hiding my true wealth in a tax shelter country.