Thursday, September 13, 2007

I enjoy Bullet Points

A list... (a la Jeff but much more cryptic)

  • You know how I know I'm getting old? I find myself liking The Eagles just a little too much.
  • Never barge into your bosses office and just start talking. He may be on the phone or making your schedule for next week.
  • Never argue with me in the morning take everything I say before 9am as wrote. (I wield far too much power)
  • Never run over a fire hydrant. Bad things happen.
  • Be self realized. Know your faults and work on them. Never say, "thats just way I am..." It will lead to eventual financial ruin or you'll become really rich, either way you'll be a douchebag...nevermind do what you want. (I realize I'm being preachy, see how that works)
  • There's a movie coming out that reminds me of a story that I once started but never finished with some friends. I'm little pissed, but I guess these ideas are just out there. It's all the collective unconscious.
  • It's a strange life...it really is. We're all friends here so I'll just say this, there are much more people out there that are NOT like us than are. Am I like us? or them? Are you one of us? Or them? Its becoming less clear.
  • My favorite lyric so far from all the rap Lynlee gave comes from Mos Def and goes like this.."I ain't shit to play with...I give a Goddamn what your name is." Also "you mumble like a coward, I'm Mos Def you need to speak louder.." Actually that whole song is fucking incredible. Its called Speed Law.
  • I got Kung Fu: season 2 on Netflix and learned this: discover inner harmony, avoid discord with others.
  • I just sat around for 5 minutes or so not writing anything.
  • It's late and I'm going to pay for this in the morning. I hate that that is the case.
  • I watched "The Last Boy Scout" last night. Bruce Willis was at the peak of his powers in that movie. Damon Wayans sucked. And still sucks. In fact I'm prepared to denounce the whole Wayans family.
  • I've vowed not to watch Star Wars again until I get a big flat screen TV and surround sound. I'm not going to able to keep that vow.
  • Happy Hour at El Torito is incredible. But an hour after its over you body feels like its getting the shit kicked out of it from the inside out.
  • This list is over

4 comments:

Lynlee said...

That is a great Mos Def song

Anonymous said...

yo don't get mad! don't get mad! (please) don't get-g-g-get get mad! (a say what)..

the strip is very much on my consciousness. expect something a la eddie campbell (from hell).

Anonymous said...

ps i copied that painting from an italian master, and the one on my site is the original. i'll post my version soon.

Pete said...

I knew that. No I didn't.