Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Holed up in Alaska

Hey everybody how's it going down there? Still raining? Well up here it is snowing and it's cold. But then again it's always cold, seriously I cry for the days when I thought 50 or 60 was cold. It is Alaska though so I guess it is to be expected. Besides it being cold not a lot really happens or is happening up here. The big news is the Tip-Off torunament this week. A basketball tournament with 3 other teams besides the home team Cordova playing all weekend. I will be there watching the girls team crush their opponenets and the boys team get crushed by their opponenets. Anyway so that's the big event this weekend.
Next weekend is the event everyone has been waiting for I gather. Iceworm weekend. I know...it seems that there is a parade, contests all week long, a dodgeball tournament, a rec league basketball tornament, a cake bake, a variety show, a food fair, a carnival within the food fair. Basically a lot happening. I seem to feel it will not quite live up to the hype surrounding it. But up here I guess it is THE thing. We'll see...
I had an interview for a bank teller job at the local bank. I think I did well but then again I thought I did well at all the interview I had and then was shot down. I should know by the end of the week though. I kind of want and need a real job with a real schedule and consistent money coming in. Cause without the latter I am stuck here and that can't happen. If everything goes to plan and happens the way I want it to I am scheduled for an August arrival in time for Pete's birthday to be even more exact. So that's the plan as of now.
I wish I had some more exciting things to report back but I don't think I do. Oh here's something I think Pete already knows. It is kind of depressing and I am a bit embarrassed too. But you know those TV ads where those people are talking about getting rejected by eHarmony.com. I am sure you have seen them. Well anyway I can now be on one of those ads. That is right on a whim I went on eHarmony for this free trial weekend thing and after filling out all their damn tests and questions, I was rejected. Ouch you know it's getting bad when you get rejected by an online dating service.
Well I am going to get outta here before any other embarrassing stories come to mind. I am working on someone's website and I should get back to work so that will be done. how is it that I, a man who knows basic HTML has now become the web designer for 3 or 4 people in this town. Anyway that's the way it is in small town Alaska. Ok I gotta do this website for real and I should get some practice in before tonight. Oh yeah I almost forgot I am in the town's musical production. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Ok I am outta here. PEACE everybody.

Randy

P.S. I miss you all and look forward to seeing you soon.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

1. What is the musical?
2. What role do you play?
3. Will there be video?

Lynlee said...

Damn you Jeff, I was going to inquiry the same

Pete said...

Its High School Musical. Randy plays the part of Troy. A very...very hairy Troy.

Jeff said...

How does Pete know about people in high school musical?

Pete said...

IMDB

By the way we're trying to make fun of Randy here, stay focused.

Anonymous said...

OMG.....I love your honesty Randy. That should have given you some extra points with e-harmony. Oh well, fuck em all!

Lynlee said...

That's awesome, Randy got the lead in the town musical. I cannot wait to spread this news.

Don't worry Pete, I've actually seen HSM and it is a steamy pile of shit.

appojax said...

go to okcupid.com randy.