Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Can't keep this up much Longer...

I think I should be let off the hook because I posted twice yesterday. But I'm not going to dodge my responsibility to the community. So here goes..."cricket...cricket..." I got nothin. Nothin but a headache. The thing about beer is that if you don't keep drinking it until you fall asleep, hangover tends to set in rather quickly. Especially when you are 31 and overweight. Well I say fuck it, I just cracked another beer and it's a Firestone Double Barrel so I am clearly not fucking around. I have 3 Netflix that I could be watching right now: Transformers, which after I get done with all the fast forwarding will be about a half hour of entertainment. I have 28 weeks Later which is a zombie movie so that will be fun. And I have the Hustler with Paul Newman, Jackie Gleason and George C. Scott. "I got a feeling Fat man I can't miss!" Frankly, Lauri won't stay in the room for any one of those so who am I kiddin. I'm looking forward to Big Trouble in Little China night. Its one of the few movies that I liked as a kid and can still appreciate as an adult.
I will take this opportunity to remind AJ that he has been commissioned to paint me an Old Ben Kenobi. ("Your powers are weak old man..." )Has it ever seemed strange to you that when Luke comes into Leia's cell on the Death Star and she get all bitchy with him and he intruduces himself as being with "Ben Kenobi" that she repeats it back in immediate recognition, "Ben Kenobi? Where is he?" Because in the recorded message she refers to him as General Kenobi and would clearly have known him as Obi Wan Kenobi. This has always struk me as strange because if you're hiding out all incognito from the Empire on some backwater planet and they know you alias all the way over on Alderaan, you're not doing a very good job of hiding. Oh, did you think we were gonna get through this post a day thing without talking about Star Wars? Doubt it.

Do you listen to SModcast yet? You should. This week you missed out on Americans being to fat and bottoming out boats on Small World at Disneyland and teenagers getting high by pissing and shitting in a container, leaving it in the sun and inhaling the fumes.

You know what I don't understand. People who think that they will have a job in a few weeks when they don't accomplish what I ask them to. I think I may be too nice. because I ask politely but what I really mean is, do it or you're fired. I've already fired 2 people you want to be next? I don't think so. I'll fire all you reading this just for the goddamn hell of it. Watch this..."I'm afraid things aren't working out, you're not meeting your expectations as a blog reader. So we've chosen to exercise our right to immediately terminate your employment. I'm sorry things didn't work out.." Actually that's not funny, firing people sucks even if they really deserve it.

Last week I was looking at tickets to Alaska for mid January, they were like $450 round trip. This week they are back up to like $750 I am confounded how can the exact same airplane ride cost $300 more over a 5 day time period. Clearly I'm not clued into the economics of air travel. Its no wonder the government has to constantly bail the airlines out of bankruptcy.

Here's something strange, I've become obsessed with my own iTunes top 25 most played list. I've been playing songs on repeat that I think deserve to be in the top 25 but haven't made it yet. I recently purposely bumped Cat Stevens "The Wind" in favor of David Bowie's "Life on Mars". Oh don't worry Randy I will not, at this juncture reveal the #1 on your top 25. No one would believe it if I did anyway. However, if someone out there wants to somehow entice me into telling them I'm open to that. It is I assure you, quite shocking.

In the spirit of Kevin Smith...Have a Day.

P.S. I'm gonna post this without proof reading...so...sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should rent the movie MS. Potter. I found it to be a really interesting. It's based on a true story with a little fiction. I'm sure Lauri wont leave the room for this one. Maybe I loved it so much because it put Connor to sleep. I dont know. You be the judge.

Kujo said...

i think when you randomly listen to songs on itunes they don't count as plays for some reason. only if you individually select the song to play does is count up.

one more thing. i hate how on my ipod if you select songs by artist, it does not list the songs in alphabetical order. they should really ban ipods in cars rather than phones. i swerve ever time i look for a specific track.