Saturday, November 03, 2007

Like some kind of blogging pheonix....

Hey Ratracers! hows it going? hope all is good in Cali. I've had the most chaotic and eventful year, but feel like I have passed into calmer waters now (or is the eye of the storm?). Have ended up working at a backpackers hostel in Wales, where, apparently I'm the bar manager. Those who remember my frankly heroic drinking sessions in the Crown will probably be thinking of emailing Cardiff Backpackers to warn them. But I assure you 90% of the time I'm sober (except in the first few weeks when it was probably more like 5%). The main duties of position are: talking shite to travellers, forcing my record collection upon guests, sleeping on the couch during night shifts and a little light cleaning.- it's the role I was born for!

Have also started doing a bit of music promotion type stuff- putting on gigs and club nights. Pete and Laurie, I dont envy you- I get stressed when dealing with a handful of people in a small venue- I dont know if I'd have the mental capacity to operate at your level!

anywho, hope everyone is good, will try to drop in more often.

Iechyd Da! (good health)

2 comments:

Pete said...

Happy Guy Fawkes (sp?) Day. Go blow up Parliament. Or something. Go blow something up.

Pete said...

Would I know about Guy Fawkes if it wasn't for V for Vendetta? Yes, I took a history of Revolution class in college. Would I remember what day it was? No, probably not...