Friday, November 23, 2007

Neither Rain nor sleet nor snow...ever

I don't say this very often, and maybe I don't even really believe it but fuck southern california. Jesus Christ I am so bored with the weather here. Nothin ever changes. Me and Lauri went for a walk tonight just to experience the little wind there was. It lasted half an hour and it was a hot wind. Now its back to business as usual, I have the sliding door open and I'm not even wearing a sweater. Will it ever rain here again? I'm not so sure. The thing is, layers of clothing work in the favor of a person of my particular proportions. I have all these great gap sweaters just sittin in my closet. I remember the wind, I remember the rain. I remember that these things once happened here. I remember reading in my room with the rain beating on the window or the wind rattling the sliding glass door. In a place where weather in an anomaly, you can occasionally defeat some boredom by taking an interest in whats going on outside. In a place where theres no weather at all everything just becomes too easy.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Have you ever shoveled snow from a driveway? Frozen boogers? Just sayin'.

Amanda Jane said...

Yeah, I definitely wish there were more discernable "seasons" around here.

Randy said...

If you came up here you would be so tired of rain that you would wish to go back to CA.

Anonymous said...

i have been freezin my ass off lateley. to me, it is winter.
plus, big bear just opened