Thursday, April 20, 2006

we are the generation that bought more shoes and we'll get what we deserve

The ten commandments? meditations on the 'moment'? threats of expulsion from the blog?-tumultuous times in the blogging world it seems- maybe the rat race needs a little welsh balm to soothe its excitable californian head. you could all take a leaf out pete's book and start listening to Iron and Wine. get the album 'our endless numbered days' pete if you aint already- when emily and me were down in Baja I tried presenting I and W to some san diegans as a much more sophisticated alternative to jack johnson, but they weren't ready for it. I havn't blogged for a while due to spending my time trying to enter the rat race for real, which I have, kinda. On monday I will become an advisor for Cardiff Community Housing Association- they provide affordable housing for homeless and vulnerably housed people. the pay isn't too good but the kudos is high! also have new apartment from tomorrow- its completly detached from the places either side so noise issues from the neighbours (although it does make their ass harder to covet). there's glitter in my beard.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Good to hear from across the pond. Don't think we've forgotten about your hundred beer accomplishment. as soon as the slackers over at the crown put up the plauque, we'll take a picture, post it, and email you a copy. Are all th homeless in Britain, mentally ill, like all the homeless here?