Friday, March 18, 2005

The Battle of St. Patty's Day

Yesterday everyone was gettin' mad at me because I kept refering to myself as having "tight beats" in reference to how I looked. Really I wasn't dressed up or anything I just like that term. It was St. Patty's day yesterday and we went to The Crown. It eas insane because it was also the start of March Madness and everyone was in there to watch the games. Alex was getting all pissed off at these Laker fans who were being really loud. I didn't really think much of it. But then this other guy started rooting loudly for the Heat and you just knew there was going to be a fight. First there was a minor confrontation, each party returning to thier respective tables. But niether side wanted to back down. It escalated from there and yes a fight broke out...at the crown. Niether of the parties were Crown regulars. Look, I just can't have that in my bar. We've already given Vic's over to the thugs, and I refuse to have this shit going on. So I got involved. I don't want to overstate my contribution it was largely for show. My original intention was to talk both parties down until the game was over, but the bar was crowed and by the time I got there I found myself grabbing a dude that was about twice as bulky as I was. The thing about this fight was that no one really wanted a fight, not even the people who were fighting. Each party had plenty of people to hold them back I didn't believe there was any real danger unless people let thing get out of control. Anyway, so as I'm trying to get a hold of that dude I see Tim come over the bar and get in the middle of things, then Ron had the other party and got him out of the door. I was tryin to see if Tim was okay but he told us to see if Mike was okay so I followed ron out the door. Things were a little uglier outside. I saw one of the fighters had someone on the ground but left him alone after that. The other one's friends had him held back. But there was this other guy who was raginghe really wanted to fight and he was one of those tall wiry dudes with a long reach that you usually don't want to fuck with. He was screaming he kept trying to jump the railing to get at the dude he wanted to fight. When he kept getting deterred he let out this scream. It was like William Wallace in Braveheart. It was a bit disturbing. Anyway, his friends ot him in the car and things kind of settled down after that. The thing that really scared me was that the Heat fan came back after like twenty minutes with his friend William Wallace and immediately ordered two pitchers of beer, there's no security at The Crown because they've never needed it, its not that kind 0f bar. So there was no one to stop them from coming in. They behaved for the rest of the night but it pissed me off that they could start a fight and come back in. The other thing that sucked was that no bagpipers stopped by like they usually do on St. Patty's day. I pesonally feel like a little amazing grace on the pipes could have really diffused things. Tim ended up asking some other people to leave because they were getting rowdy and they got a little pissed off but by that time Tom was there and he's one of those wiry dudes with the long reach that you would be ill advised to fuck with and Ed was there and he's just plain big so no one was gong to start anything around him. We left fairly early because we got there early. I hope there was no more trouble.

1 comment:

Randy said...

In reference to the "tight beats" you can only have tight beats if you have the leprechaun's magical flute. You know that.