Monday, September 26, 2005

I am sick

Hey everyone it's me Randy and I am sick. Not like in the head or anything I just have a cold that is kicking my ass. Of course if I probably hadn't drank so much on Friday and Saturday I would be feeling better. But what's done is done no using crying over spilt milk, right?
So Friday was my birthday I worked and then I went out and drank a lot. A barstool knocked me down. It was comical. Overall the night was good even though my brother didn't hang out with me on my birthday I still had a good time getting seriously inebriated with my friends. YAY!!!
Saturday was my high-school reunion. Again I drank a lot. No barstools knocked me over this time. So I was really kind of nervous about going because I am 28 years old and really don't have too much to brag about, but I was like fuck it. So before I left my house I had 2 Miller Lites pretty much downed them in a row. Then once I got to the hotel it was like 8PM and that was when dinner was being served and even though I had paid for a dinner I was like no way am I eating some piece of shit dinner with all these people I don't even want to be around. So I posted in the bar and started drinking there. I had had 5 beers by the time I decided it would be safe to go down and not have to worry about shit food and fake conversation.
I was right mostly everybody was done eating and the people I knew were happy to see me. There was Jenny Boxley(married), Rachel Ronning(married), Mark Wurtemberg(married), Anyone else sensing a trend here. Linda Kotzot(married), Eileen Banuelos(married), Joel Goodwin(engaged), Vanessa Alquijay(not married, I think). Finally anyway as you can see the vast majority of people I had known were now attached to their significant other. Also not many people still lived here in Pasadena or outlying areas. Most were San Diegans now or somewhere north. Interesting, I thought.
So I hooked up with nobody but while downstais probably had a good more 5 or 6 beers I lost count. Pete the only person who mentioned you was Vanessa. Sorry. Maybe the others thought we weren't friends anymore but who cares. Vanessa was looking hot... though not a hot as your wonderful girlfriend Lauri of course but hot nonetheless. After the reunion some of them were going to Carmine's so I drove to Carmine's to preserve this night. I probably shouldn't have been driving anywhere but what was I gonna do. Anyway we hung out there for a while shooting the shit havinf a few laughs smoking some cigarettes all and all not a bad time. In the end however the night had to end afterall I was destined to workj the next day and already feeling not too good I politely excused myself and drove home to the sounds of Weezer and the wind blowing in my face.
I was pleasantly surprised with the evening. I had been dreading it in the days leading up to it not really wanting to see these people who in all honesty didn't care too much about me back then and at least not as much now. I guess the lesson is as follows and listen well my friends:
  • Beer can make even the most uncomfortable and dreadful situation, highly comfortable and actually even fun sometimes.
Of course the members of the Class of 95 who were there probably think I am an alcoholic but ask me if I care?

1 comment:

Pete said...

Penis pills...hee hee