Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Trying Times

So yesterday my swollen face tripled in size in that matter of an hour. I was pretty painful so I decided to go to urgent care. Lauri came with me. After about three hours there, I got some antibiotics, some vicodin, and instructions to see my dentist (as if I have one.) in the next few days. Well, I took some vicodin, and I took some antibiotics. Niether of them worked. I was in pain all night and when I woke up I looked like the elephant man. So I bit the bullet and actually went to the dentist. He took one look at my X-rays and made his assistant call the endontist. Then he said the word I've been dreading hearing for years....ROOT CANAL.
He made me an appointment for an hour later. Needless to say, being afraid of dentists in the first place, I started to freak out. My mom gave me a pill called clinatovan to calm me down. It worked pretty well, I almost fell asleep in the waiting room. I was fine until I sat down in that torture chair. With the dangling wires and sharp metal objects everywhere. As it turns out, it wasn't that bad. That guy shot me up wth so much novacaine my friggin eye went numb. He lanced my pussy gums and took out what he called "tons" of puss. Next was the drill. The damn drill freaked me out pretty good. I can't stand the sound and the smell. But all in all the whole thing only took about 10 minutes. Of course, that was only the preliminary stuff. I have to go back in a month to finish the job. And thats the long job.
I'm still swollen, but alot of the pressure has been releived. I'm totally emotionally drained and am going to get high on Vicodin later.
If anybody reading this has root canal horror stories, you can save them. I'm freaked out as it is and don't want to hear it.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

That's why I just don't go to the dentist.

Amanda Jane said...

Pete, I'm glad you got through the procedure. I know my Dad has had two root canals and never seemed to come home with any horror stories, so hopefully that makes you feel better,

Jeff, if you went to the dentist chances are you would PREVENT having to have a root canal. Jeff is marrying a nag.