Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Music that finds you

The cool thing about music is how you can hear music in a different way when someone you know turns you onto something. And consider the difference between listening to music and really HEARING music. For instance:

I start really hearing 2pac until that time at camping when we were driving around in Emily's Explorer. Blaring All eyez on Me.

I was never really interested in Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear the Reaper until Amanda has said she'd been listening to it a lot. I listened to the lyrics and finally HEARD them.

I had no idea about Jurassic 5 or Gangstarr until I met Dave.

Last summer at the Ford I was talking about Dropkick Murphy's (Who Emily turned me on to) with a girl that worked there. She said I should check out a band called Flogging Molly. Best group I've discovered in years.
Owen turned me on to a song called Where is my Mind by the Pixies that I've been listening to a lot.

My dad turned me on to Creedence and Bob Dylan.

My uncle turned me on to Led Zeppelin.

A lot of music I find comes from movies.

I don't know, its just cool thats all.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Who did i turn you on to? Enya maybe? lol

Amanda Jane said...

That's so funny-I just came across Don't Fear the Reaper on the radio a little while ago...still love that song. my new favorite song is that one my the shins that's in Garden State. (you know that one that goes "Gold teet and a curse for this town..."(actually i have no idea if that's what it says but that's what it sounds like anyways.) Also, I've heard about flogging Molllys from someone i used to know at Vroman's, but I never actually did check them out...maybe i will now.

Pete said...

I think its gold Teeth. You shold check out an Album by the Shins Called Chutes too Narrow. Its pretty good