Wednesday, January 11, 2006

2006 "Year of Change"

What will be different this year? What will the change actually be? I like to think that everything will fall into place for me. I won't have to work hard for it, it'll be a surprise even. I've had pretty good luck in the past. I've gotten some awesome apartments over the years. I'd like to think that that's because of my good credit. So for the 2006 "Year of Change" I'd like a new apartment. Either something cheaper or to keep this apartment and save money somehow. I've had a job that keeps me off the streets. Sometimes i've had two jobs. I have two jobs right now. For 2006 "Year of Change" I'd like a new job. A place to work that isn't a commute. A place that i actually enjoy going. But i place that still keeps the roof over my head. I might even stretch it a bit and say a place that is fun to work. I was thinking yesterday if it would be possible to give my two weeks notice this week and be able to survive while i look for another job. I got some money saved up, i could pay rent with that. But then there's all the other bills. So anyways, i think i'll put that on the back burner. I was looking up jobs today on Craigslist and on the Pasadena Star News website. There were some jobs that caught my interest. I really need to make a resume. I don't have one and i've never done one either. There must be a template or something right? Then there's the old fashioned way. Walking into places and asking for applications and if they're hiring. This too has worked for me in the past. I think i might be a bit too old for that now. Even though i look young, i feel old. Sheila will be leaving to Texas most likely. And if it really happens then it's going to happen fast. She can't afford her apartment and she hates working here too. So if Sheila leaves then i will surely have a mental breakdown at work. I can't do it alone, the company is growing to fast. And i can almost guarentee that my new assistant will be one of the temporary people who have been working here a while. Again, i will have a mental breakdown. So what are my options? This particular post will most likely bore you all, but i have to get it off my chest. And i also know that i seem to get if off my chest a few times in other posts. I guess i'm starting to freak out. But its the "Year of Change"!!!!! I will make things happen. I will dammit! If any of you know of job openings where you work, let me know. I'll lie on my resume if i have to! :)

A few notes to my fellow bloggers!
Sheila: Your almost done coating, then we are gonna get lunch.
Randy: Is Angelina Jolie really pregnant?
Lynlee: Sunday Funday!!!!! I look forward to it.
Alex: I know you got some stories in that head of yours, let's read them.
Pete: I'm hungry and i want tacos.
Tom: Are you reading this??
Tim: How's Tahiti tickets looking?
Owen: Some guy emails me with the same last name as you. I don't know who this is. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a cool site for finding places to live...

www.housingmaps.com

oh, and i find that government jobs are low stress. you should check out cal tech and city of hope.

there's too much to read on this site, but i'll try to read it all later. peace---Dave

Owen said...

dont know anything about your mystery emailer- there are a lot of griffiths about, and some of them may have set up camp in the usa. apparently it was some welsh guys who discovered america first- i'm sure there's stuff on the interweb about this if anyone is interested (or was it the vikings, it sure wasn't colombus).

Lynlee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynlee said...

I have a pretty good looking resume, and a book with lots of resume templates that may help you find the job of your dreams. You can borrow them if you want. Oh, and I also look forward to Sunday Funday!

9:31 AM

Jeff said...

I don't know what Sunday Funday is, but I'm envious.

I have been interviweing people this week for an open Social Studies teacher position. Here's my brief advice. Be specific about what you are good at. People put a lot on their resume about education, but not enough on what they have experience in actually doing.