Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Apartment Search 101

This month i'm going to dedicate to finding a new, cheaper apartment. Its gonna be hard cuz i'm looking for something in the area i'm in. I'm going to check out this place in Monrovia later tonight. Its a back house and i'm not sure that that's what i wanna do. It has hard wood floors though and that's awesome. So i figure its worth driving by and then if it looks cool then i'll make an appointment to see it. Finding an apartment is tricky business. Not only do you have to have all your money ready to go at any moment but you have to be available to see the places or get back to people. I've been checking out Craigslist.com for places these days. I've also been driving around and getting phone numbers off of signs. Its no fun. Especially when you think a place looks cool and then you call only to find out that there is no way in hell you can afford that particular place. My credit is good so if i actually find a place, that won't be an issue. What i really hate about moving is the security deposit and all the other deposits from the utility companies. I think at this point in my life a roommate might be an option. I'm also willing to give up some amenities. A patio or balcony isn't necessary. Windows in certain areas i don't need. I'm even willing to deal with ugly carpet. Most important though is the money i'll be spending on rent. It's all overwhelming really. So i hope things work out.

1 comment:

Randy said...

There you go. The Cuypers reuniting under one roof.