Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm going to attempt to round up my last week or so, as much for my benefit as for anyone who bothers reading my pretentious posts. last wednesday I did my first session as a youth worker, which resulted in me overseeing a crowd of 8-11 yr olds while they bashed drums and attacked a vintage wurlitzer organ- the resulting music put to shame many an avant-garde Norwegian jazz outfit. I went to bed, and drifted into a contented slumber when i was awakened by my cell phone's ringing- i answered in a state of confusion (you know what its like when you've just been woken up), and kept on agreeing with my friend Aaron until he let me go back to sleep. At work the next day a recolection of this conversation came to me, so I called Aaron and discovered that I had agreed to go to a party in Carmathen that night (I guess the equivellent of you guys going to a party in San Diego).
So i rushed back home after work, grabbed some cans of beer and a bottle of obscenely cheap vodka (the kind even a destitute siberian potato farmer would be unsure about), and jumped into aarons van. Drinking began in the van, continued with white russian abuse once we reached the party, and peaked with tequila in a deserted bar. then it was back to the party, and after the pipe was handed around things seemed to be winding down, when Aaron suddenly anounced 'i think i've got some mushrooms in my bag, lets have some if i have'. He was right, and we did. what happend after has been open to debate but we're all agreed that it involved Pink Floyds 'animal' album, Stuart being violently sick over the wall, a visit from the police and a twenty minute xylophone solo from yours truly.
After the sun rose we got a few hours sleep, then drove back home, had a smoke then decided the swimming pool would be good place to go. Pool, sauna and jucuzzi were all enjoyed with a vacant smile, then it was onto Cardiff. Drinking and smoking recomenced and we viewed a ceremony involving a horses head on a pole, which is particular to South Wales and is thought to date back to Pagen times. It is performed to welcome in the new year, and was taking place on the 13th because that is New years eve on the old calender that Britain used to follow, when it was changed, some communities in Wales thought the English were trying to steel days off them, so continued with the old calender. Then it was off to a club, where we caught a couple of bands, 'The Noisettes' being the best.
On saturday i felt the need for something wholesome, so a 4 mile hike was completed followed by lots of sleeping. The wholesomeness didn't last long for it was back into Cardiff on the sunday for more beer and weed and rock of the highest order with 'Clutch'- West Virginias finest hardcore bluesmen. On monday the artistic muse took me and i completed a watercolour of a San Clemente sun set, its not my best work but it's on my last bit of special watercolour paper, and that shit's expensive, so Tim, suck it up. Tuesday is drumming day, then wednesday everything came full circle as i headed back to the youth centre for more noise making fun. Today i am tired.
Thanks to Amanda and Jeff for my conselation prize in the essay contest, i shall endevour to read your Blogs aswell from now on- i didn't realise they were there.

No comments: