Thursday, January 19, 2006

well helllllooooo....

hi everyone! i'm still here in texas visiting the family. we're having a good time... sadly my trip is already coming to a close on saturday. i'll recap my stay so far (the abridged version):

saturday-
my flight got in around 4:00pm. actually, it was exactly 4:00pm... right on time. don't you love that? my parents picked me up, we drove home, hung out for a while and then went to dinner with my sisters.
sunday-
went for a drive through the countryside. it was such a gorgeous day!! my father drives like a maniac... he needs his license revoked.
monday-
me, my parents, and sisters went down to fort worth to a livestock show/rodeo!... lol. which was actually a lot of fun. it's basically the county fair without all the lameness. lots of animals, lots of cowboys!
tuesday-
waited for leslie to get off work, then we went to check out some apartments. just chilled for the rest of the day.
wednesday-
leslie and i went back to one apartment community that we loved and signed a lease! = o so... i guess it's official now, i'm moving out here in march. (gulp) i've been dying to see brokeback mountain but no one wanted to join me, so i went to go see it last night by myself. that was the first time i've been to the theater solo. that movie was incredible. i think it changed my life.
today-
i couldn't sleep so i got up pretty early. then i loafed around in my pajamas until 3:30pm or so... lol. then les and i went out to best buy, target, you know... just browsing.
tommorow-
who knows
saturday-
i'm on my way back to socal. hopefully lauri picks me up at the airport? hint, hint :)

and that brings me to now. i was online checking out my match.com happenings and decided to contribute a report on my life outside the rat race. by the way, i have a date on saturday night! heehee... he's a teacher- middle school math and science and a college oceanography course. so basically, out of my league... lol. wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amanda Jane said...

but wait! this date is on saturday in socal? But you're moving to texas soon...are you sure you want the date to go well? i guess that's two solid months to have fun.

Lauri said...

I'm totally going to pick you up from the airport. In fact, i'm going to be leaving today at 3:30pm (friday) to come and get you...LOL! That's our story ok?!