Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Here's the Rat Race and Welcome to it!

So I've taken on some additional responsibilities at work recently... and part of those responsibilities includes coming in and doing office hours, answering phones, making phone calls, and doing paperwork. The other day I spent all day sitting in an ofice chair in front of a computer. Are you kidding Me? My back hurt, I was antsy. In short, it was awful. I actually had to work in the same office as my boss. Not that he's a terrible guy but usually when I'm there, I'm the facility manager and don't have answer to anybody. The worst part, I come home at the end of the day, i've been to four hours of school and 7 hours of work, and I'm wrecked. I'm in bed by 11:30. What kind of lives are these?If there's two things I love doing its watching Aquateen Hungerforce at Midnight and playing video games til three in the morning, now all thats being compromised for the sake of some financial indepence, I just don't know if I can take it.

While I was typing this. my knuckes started hurting, do i have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome after three days in an office?

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Weak sauce. I'm up by 5:15 and asleep by 10:30 at the latest. I was at work for 10 1/2 hours and had an hour of driving to get there and back. If you don't like how its going, stay away from the rat race.

Pete said...

I think I will.

Lynlee said...

I think I have Carpel tunnel as well. Jobs suck! I plan to win the lotto so I don't have to work ever again.