Friday, March 24, 2006

Cuz i wanna!

I'm not posting this morning cuz Pete said something about no one posting. Just thought i'd get that out in the open.

What's been up with me? Well a few things i guess. Let's start off with last weekend. I worked my freakin ass off! It paid off in two ways i think. One, cuz i actually got paid. My $/hr was almost doubled just to come to work and "save the day" if you will. And two, i made quite the impression around the Civic. People like me there and that's a good feeling. Unfortunately i see myself having to play hard ball with the bosses and i don't think i'll be working there much longer. We'll see. At my other job i've been busy. People are taking time off all over the place and leaving me in a lurch. That's the price you pay when you work with who i work with. Speaking of! I know i've talked about this before, but my staff are from a temp agency. They aren't the brightest or most focused people. I've always kinda known this but its actually come out that at least one of my employees is not legal. I'm talking fake ss# and everything. Now my disclaimer, they are from a temp agency, and my boss knows about this, it isn't my deal! Anyway, they listen to Piolin "por la manana" every day and he's getting them all riled up about this proposition or something that makes family members who are illegal in big trouble if you house them (i'm really not sure of the specifics, maybe Pete or Jeff can help me out here). So there's gonna be a march tomorrow in Downtown LA and they are going! Like i said, they are all riled up! On a side note, i'm glad its on a Saturday, that was smart of Piolin! This one employee, Maria, tried to compare me and my family to this ordeal. Like i'm on her side or something? A bit of background here: The girls have recently been told that my dad isn't a citizen and now they feel i am connected to them or something. Far from it my friends! Although my dad may not be a citizen, he has always been up to date on his green card. Something these folks refuse to do. So i bet your now getting the sense of where i stand on this issue. So to wrap it up, they are going to the march tomorrow. Good luck to them. That's about all from the work aspect.

I still have a birdie in my plant! I went around work yesterday showing pictures like a proud parent to be showing the equivalent of a sonogram. I'm so excited! I wish it would happen sooner though. This morning i was running a bit late, no surprise, and i heard the cooing of what i assume was the "father" coming to take the next shift. I can't wait to stare at them all weekend long. I wish i could set up a video camera and be like National Geographic on my balcony.

I expect this weekend to go by very slowly. Which is great with me! Since last weekend was a bust. I think i'll hit the town tonight, cuz that always stretches out the weekend, and do it again on saturday. On Sunday, Pete and I are trying to plan a little getaway. Unfortunately we can't think of anything to do. Morongo again? Drive somewhere and then turn around? Waste the whole day trying to think of something to do only to realize the day is gone? Its not looking good. So that's all for me. I hope today goes by fast cuz its a gorgeous day outside and i know your all outside basking in the sun. I'm jealous. Ok so i hope to see you all this weekend, some way or another.

1 comment:

Kujo said...

you should dirve down to SD. just don't bring any drama.