Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring is Here!
















I'm gonna be a "mommy"! Well this bird is anyway. Pete and I have named her and there's gonna be babies! It's a Mourning Dove that decided to make a nest in one of my plants on my balcony. It says that the eggs will hatch in about 14 days and then there will be little ones! I can't imagine chirping birds right outside my window. So i'll keep you all updated and then take pictures of the babies in a couple of weeks. Its freaking Spring people!!!!! This Post was written by Lauri not Pete. To learn more about Mourning Doves Click Here

5 comments:

Jeff said...

I heard Morning Dove omelettes are tasty.

Really though, what is preventing a cat or some other animal from munching on those eggs?

Pete said...

The Pete and Lauri egg protection brigade.

Lauri said...

I know they are awfully exposed, but whatever happens is nature.

Anonymous said...

if you touch dem birds the mother will disown them...









..and then what?

seriously though, hit up my name up there ^^^^^ and you will read a story by a dude who had this same exact thing happen to him! oh wait here's the link:
http://www.matthewjcook.com/personal/dove.shtml
eh just hit my name. beware.

Kujo said...

pretty bird, pretty bird...

dumb and dumber is still the best movie ever.