Thursday, March 23, 2006

I know WHATS going on...

Well my friends this is what it has come to. Its like a blogging desert out here. We have 9 members and only three regular contributors. In fact my post have become so sparse that I hesitate to include myself. Even Randy's post have degenerated into the reader's digest version of US Weekly. Don't think I don't know what you're all doing out there either, because I know. You're all working like busy little bees, going back and forth on your myspace accounts, adding pictures and telling everyone where you'll be on friday night. Oh yes the secret is out. Am I jealous? Do I sectretly wanna be on everyone's "top 8"? I wish I could honestly say I didn't. But will I give in to peer pressure? NO! I still value substance over style. So what if this modest little blog doesn't have a "sound clip" or graphic feature that will crash your computer. What it does have is some damn good writing when people have time to put in the effort. "So," I hear from the collective din, "what's been goin on with you Pete?"
"Ah nothin' really. Just had my head up my ass these last ten weeks trying to balance 50 hour work weeks with another quarter at Cal Poly." I'm the flavor of the week at work. The young turk who comes in to work on time and thereby whos everyone with his ceaseless dedication. There are those that say, "It's a jungle out there.." Not really, show up on time when everyone else is late, don't freak out when things get hectic, and you're in there like swim wear. Because I was doing this at night when less people are around to see, people assumed I was sleeping. Now that everyone knows I got the skills to pay the bills, they actually wanna pay my bills. We'll see. Next month I'll be the guy who makes everyone looks bad, and I'll have a target on my back. You wanna know the secret to managing Events? You probably don't but I'm gonna tell you. You need to be able to communicate equally well with the security guard that makes $7 and hour and the professional meeting planner that makes $100,000 a year. Simple right? You'd be surprised at how people are incapable of this simple task. It's actually funny to watch when socioeconomic differences come into conflict. Have I written about this before? i'm having bloggin dejavu.
I watched Capote today. I thought it was an interesting character study, but outside of that didn't have much value for me. There's a great scene in the movie where Harper Lee asks Capote what he thought of To Kill a Mockingbird while he was drunk. He reamined quiet until she walked away and finally said, "I don't see what all the fuss is about." In that moment you lose all sympathy for the Capote character.
Thats it for now. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Well since you don't like my latest posts I guess I can blog about other things. For instance I drank so much this evening I am having trouble typing. But that is probably not interesting either. So I will try to come up with something that doesn't degenerate into US Weekly.

Randy said...

Just so you know I have began boycotting MySpace for two reasons. First fo all people fell the need not to blog anymore. Second Kevin Federline has a MuySpace account and that for me is enough to indicate that it is GAY!

Lauri said...

I don't like your under tone Pete. And i've removed Randy from my Myspace friends. I'm not really enjoying myspace. I don't think i know how its supposed to work. Oh and Pete thanks for pretty much telling everyone what i do on myspace. I'm the only one you have to go on!