Monday, March 06, 2006

Hey y'all

So it's 8:30PM and I was going thru all the blogs when I decided to yet again grace you all with one of my exciting posts . So get ready to be taking on the ride of your life!!
So I guess it's Lent or something, right? I ain't giving up jack. First of all I am not Catholic. Second of all I think people use Lent as a reason to give up things they don't want to. For instance if I still smoked I could say I am going to give up smoking for Lent. But then after Lent I could start again it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe that's just me. I am sure there is some religous belief behind it but you know how I feel about that. Now don't get mad I am just voicing my opinion.
I just finished reading Dave's new blog Click Here . Check it out. I think he's got a winner on his hands. What else? I work Monday thru Friday this week and get Saturday and Sunday off. I think that's pretty cool. I will know what it is like to have a real weekend off. I am so lame and I know it.
So the Oscars were last night. I have been reading reviews of it and the only thing they all agree on is that the show was boring, low-rated and dull. I can't say I disagree. I found myself drifting off to various other channels during the telecast. Not a good sign. I thought Jon Stewart was funny here and there. I thought for the most part most of the winners were well deserved. That is until the end of the telecast and the last award of the evening Best Picture when a perfect evening was ruined . Now I will admit I haven't seen any of the movies nominated but from what I have heard and read from various sources it was clear the winner should have been "Brokeback Mountain". In the article I linked to I think does a very good job of illustrating the reason "Crash" shouldn't have won. Again though it is their opinion and mine personally. I still must admit I sure have a lot of opinions for someone who didn't see any of these movies. I will be checking each of these out on DVD to form my own opinion, more on this later.
I am having a lot of fun linking today, I should do this more often. Hmmm....what can I link to now. How about a little Pop Culture, actually trashy gossip like...
Have you seen the breasts, I mean the girl Nick Lachey is supposedly attached to at the moment Here's one pic , and another . Definitely no Jessica Simpson , just one more . Oh well so goes life in the limelight they say, I guess.
Could it be true... Lindsay Lohan and inexplicable babe magnet Wilmer Valderrama are back together? The New York Post says so and Us Weekly has the pictures to prove it even though I haven't found them yet...
For those "One Tree Hill" fans out there is some gossip for you too... Sophia Bush & Chad Michael Murray split up a while back but now Sophia is seeking an annulment to eradicate her failed marriage citing the reason as "fraud". Word is she is referring to Chad's wandering eye as the real reason. We'll have to see how this one plays out, kids.
Teri Hatcher has finally admitted she succumbed to the lure of Botox and collagen but insists her days of messing with Mother Nature are over. We'll see about that...
So Anna Nicole Smith the former Playmate and Guess! model has finally got her day in front of the US Supreme Court and so far the Supreme Court justices seem sympathetic to poor Anna Nicole Smith.
All right kiddos I am out for the night now. Sta tuned for more I think I am going to make this a daily fixture. I really enjoyed this. A few things to keep an eye out for in my next post. Hopefully a video or a link at least to the hilarious SNL Digital Short from last Saturday's SNL featuring a rapping Natalie Portman. And of course more fun and trashy gossip. PEACE!
Have a good night or day depending on when you read this.

4 comments:

Kujo said...

that chick has a great rack, i must say. good job with all the links too randy.

Lynlee said...

can you really claim fraud as a reason for divorce?

Jeff said...

Watch Crash before taking that guy's opinion. I saw it on Friday before the Oscars after missing the hype. The only people who I heard talk about this movie were Kevin and Bean on KROQ, and I usually disagree with them. I think the guy completely misses the point with how the movie is written. You are supposed to see the overt racial stereotyping and feel uncomfortable with it. You should simultaneously be annoyed by each character for their racism and yet sympathize with them for their victimization. Its kind of hard to be victimized by covert racism. I think the movie makes you decide just how you feel about these steretypes as it presents you with not just the asshole racist like in a Shindler's List or American History X, but characters you can relate with. Plus, the writer needs to re-enter reality since many people still feel these stereotypes and are not afraid to voice them. Ask me about driving in Alhambra if you want me to show you some stereotypes.

Anonymous said...

Damn Randy, I felt like I just read the script from Entertainment Tonight. Anyway Good Job on uncovering Nick's new Bit.... I mean friend. Very lovely.