Friday, March 10, 2006

Slow Day

Its Friday (TG) and its only 11am. Since i arrived at work i've done nothing but play on the internet. Did you know that you can go to MySpace and search old classmates? So i decided to check out my high school and i found a few people that i've been wondering about. Almost all of them have children and they are successful too. I even saw two girls that were my best friends way back when. (Jessica and Alda...FOR SHEILA) I don't have a MySpace account and i don't plan on getting one, so i can't communicate with them. And then i think about it...do i want to talk to them? Not really. I figure we'll all cross paths eventually. This year is my 10 year high school reunion. I have no idea if anything is planned and do i care? Would i go? Hell yeah i'd go! Cuz checking out those girls, i'm super thin! Ya gotta go when it comes to that. So check it out if your as bored as i am.

Yesterday i went to Ikea during my lunch break and i bought a new dresser. Going alone to Ikea is a gamble. I picked one out but then decided that i would go look at how it was boxed before i bought it cuz i was alone. It was a two box item and they were thin and very long. I got them on the cart fine but getting it into the car was a different story. I struggled for 20min while men walked by and didn't help. I was working up a sweat. Finally i decided that in order for the other box to get in i would have to open it. So i opened it up and took some stuff out so that i could bend the cardboard and slide it in the car. It worked and i was finally on my way. Pete and I put it together last night. I think it took about 3 hours to complete. My old dresser will become firewood for those going to Big Bear. Hope it keeps you warm.

Wednesday nite Happy Hour was very fun i thought. Lotsa people came out. It wasn't even a special occasion. I think we all had a hard day and needed a drink. I wonder what tonight will hold. It is Friday! I gotta work tomorrow nite at the Civic. Call me if anyone goes out! And i'll do the same.

Its supposed to be a crazy weather weekend. Right now the rain just started in Pomona. Its very windy out. Something everyone knows around here at work is that if its raining, let Lauri know. I'll be in my office and the receptionist will call me with the status of the rain fall. Its great. I think they secretly make fun of me though, but i secretly make fun of them for continuing to update me. Either way, it works out.

Earlier this morning i was in need of a second cup of coffee. I went to the lunch room only to find that the coffee was all over the floor (that's right Sheila). Somehow, and i don't know who, but the spout handle thing was lodged down and the coffee was left in an open position just slightly enough to drain all the coffee out. It was so sad. i got a couple of people to help me clean and the coffee was still warm and everything. It was under counters and in drawers, it was a mess. I wanted to ring out the towels into my cup (not really). So by 10am there was hardly any coffee. Not a good thing for a slow day.

Guess that's about it for now. If anything else happens i'll let you all know. Otherwise, stay dry and warm and maybe i'll see you tonight. :)

No comments: