Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Romance & Assorted Trivial News

Hello everybody. I have a lot of time to waste and am not seeing anything too exciting to blog about. So we'll see how this goes.
First of in romance news we have actually got quite a bit to chew on. Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber may be head to splitsville. The duo which have been dating for a little less than a year ago are experiencing what sources are calling "a rough patch". A snitch reports Liev has been telling people he's having "girlfriend trouble", while Naomi is telling friends to keep an eye out for new boyfriends. Of course both sides are denying any problems and the the two couldn't be happier. Liev and Naomi aren't the only ones battling off rumors off going kaput. The hypermammiferous Carmen Electra is denying the persistent chatter that she and Dave Navarro are on the fastlane to splitsville. Electra says though if they ever have problems she will not be one to hide it. She will take off her wedding ring. Oh my!! She maintains though they are doing fine and having no problems. That's apparently not the case with our favorite hellenic-addicted celebutante Paris Hilton who is once again rumored to be kaput with teen Greek billion-heir beau Stavros Niarchos. The New York Post says the self-promoting starlet was "trolling for hunks" at the "Godfather: The Game" launch in Los Angeles last week. At one point she turned to her pal and asked, "Are there any hot guys here? I need a hot guy." Luckily Paris is keeping her options open, a few days before the "Godfather" bash, she was spied looking friendly with ex-fiancee Paris Latsis at a Los Angeles eatery, reports the London Mirror. Apparentlyaccordingg to a mole the two Paris were getting quite close and personal. The exciting adventures of Paris Hilton to be continued...
There may be slightly less cash for Nick Lachey to collect when the dust finally settles in his prenup-free divorce from Jessica Simpson, at least if her current spending habits are any indication. The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the benevolent bombshell tipped a whopping $300 on a $380 bill Saturday at an eatery in Albuquerque, N.M., where she's been filming the romantic comedy "Employee of the Month."
In related news, Kristin Cavallari has decided to clam up about her reported romance with Lachey. According to TMZ.com, paparazzi confronted the "Laguna Beach" blond, 19, as she returned home on Monday, supposedly after spending time at Nick's new $5 million Bel-Air pad. "When are you going to see Nick again?" asked a shutterbug, prompting Kristin to sing-song, "I'm not going to talk to you about that."
There's been much talk in recent days about how much more appealing Kevin Federline looks now that he's gotten a haircut, with some going so far as to bandy about the word "sexy" (it should be noted that everyone looks better without cornrows or Pebbles-style ponytails, so let's not go nuts here). But it turns out K. Fed's refreshing interest in grooming is for a good cause; his hard-working new publicist helpfully pointed out to the New York Daily News that his much-mocked former mane was donated to the children's charity Locks of Love.
In related news check out K.Fed's MySpace page where you can hear his new song. It's for the haters. Knowing that K.Fed has a MySpace page makes me reconsider me creating my own MySpace page. This will cause me some thought tonight.
I've told a few of you about the World Series of Pop Culture before -- which tapes April 28-30 in New York. Unfortunately the in-person tryouts have passed.
So because VH1 is so nice even though you missed the in-person tryouts, though, you still have a chance to participate. Next Wednesday at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. EST, VH1.com will hold timed tests to determine who makes it onto a wild card team for the World Series. Go to this page to learn more details, take a practice test, sign up for an e-mail reminder and more. Good luck, and let me know if you make it!
I actually did pretty well on the sample test so I signed up for an e-mail reminder. I have to study. I got a lot of useless pop-culture news in my head but I need more.
This is starting to become overly long and I think you guys are growing tired of me talking about entertainment news and gossip and linking to pictures and what not. So I might be trying something else. I haven't decided yet. So in what may be my last entertainment post I will leave with a link to a Natalie Portman Music Video that can only be defined as "stalkerish". A new word I came up with, you like? Anyway here is the link Oh Natalie. The supremely sexy Natalie Portman ladies and gentlemen. Here is one more "stalkerish" video this time of the fabulously gorgeous Keira Knightley. Link here Oh Keira. Ok kids I am done for the night over here. I am tired of typing and linking so I am going to watch Natalie and Keira over and over and over till it's time to leave here.
Have a good night or day depending on when you read this. Bye.

1 comment:

Lynlee said...

I took that pop culrue quiz too and got 100%, but those stupid Seinfeld questions I had to guess on