Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hump Day

As it turns out, i'm kinda lonely here at work by myself. There's two reasons to that though. One is cuz Sheila is obviously gone and i have no one to talk to in my office. I drink my coffee alone and there isn't any "schkeming". Then i actually start working around 9ish instead of 11ish. The second reason i'm lonely is its going to take a while to make some friends around here. Having Sheila around i didn't need to converse with anyone else really. I've made some enemies and snubbed others. But i'm trying to be nice and i'm getting a good response. I bet your wondering how it is that people don't like me (at least i hope your wondering). I get very angry here at work and i walk around with a look on my face like, i'll kill you. And the personalities here are insane, i mean these people are just dumb. An example of people not liking me is: A few years ago when i was working under another boss i was so angry it was frightening. In the next office was a couple of guys who started working here just to run a new machine. One of them would always smile at me as i walked back and forth by his office. I never said hi and he didn't either. At the Christmas party a few months later he was sitting at the table with me and Pete and others when the conversation started on me. He told Pete, "I thought Lauri was a total bitch!". And he was serious too. Pete was pretty surprised. I learned a lesson from that though. But its still hard around here. Oh and to top it all off, i'm NOT a morning person. Please don't talk to me till around 10am. So that's job #1.

Job #2 is going much better. I'm not sorry that i talk about work, its all i do up until the summer time. So bare with me. On Saturday was the Soul Train awards. It was long and painful. At the time that it was supposed to end, it was only half way through. Rumor spread that someone was backstage in need of a bathroom but ended up peeing on stage somewhere. I think that was the all time low. When it finally ended i had gone through two dead walkies and was on my third, and i left two and a half hours after my original finish time. I got offered a job too. A new job to replace this one. There's two things holding it from me though. The money and the schedule. I'm still waiting to hear from the guy about it. I may be surprised but i think the door has closed on that one. I'm dying for a small getaway. All work and no play makes me sad. Except it rains practically every weekend now and i just can't think of anything to do. Got any ideas? Sheila is doing great out in Texas. She's doing things that she wouldn't have been able to do here. Its all coming together nicely for her. I'm jealous. Except i wouldn't want to be in Texas. She still reads the blog so if she wants to post, i won't steal her thunder by telling you guys everything. And finally a note to everyone:
Randy: Keep those posts coming. I know Tim is enjoying his daily read.
Pete: Buy the computer so we can blog all day and all night long.
Sheila: Miss ya! Give all the animals a hug for me.
Jeff: Happy hour?
Alex: You should comment sometimes, Randy like comments.
Amanda: Please blog! I still check your blog daily.
Tim: You should spray your hair green for St. Patty's Day. Are you working that night?
Lynlee: Is Sunday Funday still going on?
Tom: ........ (exactely)
Dave: I think i can say for all of us that its nice to read another blog!
Joe Bima: I have yet to see your battle wound, but its becoming legendary.
Owen: Got any stories?

Ok well i think i've gotten everyone. Hope you all have a great day and lets post some more pics of random things, i like that. Bye!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

battle wound? Sounds exciting. I'm thinking about Happy Hour. Long week, but I also need some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Sorry the Battle Wound has pretty much vanished? I think emily may have a poor quality photo of it on her phone though. I am a very fast healer....Invasion anyone?