Monday, November 21, 2005

Chronicles of a Dry Friday.

Ever wonder what Fridays would be like without beer? Well friends, i can tell you they are very strange indeed. When I went to Randy's on friday last I made is clear that I was in no mood for boozin'. The very thought of beer was still turning my stomach a bit. Plus I had made a silent agreement with myslef to lay off the sauce at least until thankgiving when I would re-evaluate the situation. (you have to be careful about setting deadlines like that, at the end of the period of sobriety you feel you want celebrate the accomplishment. Celebrations like these often end in alcohol poisoning.) Anyway, so we waited for Alex to get home, and when he did he could barely put his stuff down before he was into a game of Smackdown vs. RAW 2 for the PS2. So after a prolonged period of Alex swearing at the game (something about long pin counts and too many reversals) we decided to go to dinner. We went to Paco's for Mexican food. The food was gos and so was the service for the most part. Randy cursed us as sissies for not ordering beers with him. ("You guys suck!" I think were his exact words). We went back to Randy's and played a little Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the ps2. One of the most frustrating games ever invented I might add. Alex and I were so inept at it that Randy actual dried from laughing at us so hard. Lauri who had to work that night, joined us at about midnight. After that we went home. That was it. Was I glad not be hung over the next day? Sure was. But is this post anywhere as exciting as the last one? I doubt it. Where are the drunken schemes? Where's the danger, the suspense the intrigue?

2 comments:

Lauri said...

You guys were so boring when i went over after work. But then on the other hand, if i came over and you guys were annoyingly drunk then that would have sucked too.

Jeff said...

No work Thursday means closing the Crown on Wednesday night. And I think Amanda is in the drinking mood. I think Thanksgiving officially begins Wednesday at nine. First round is on me. And maybe the second if its PBR and that gets y'all there.