Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I have a bloated goldfish

Over the last couple of weeks, i've noticed that my goldfish was getting a little puffy around the middle. The other day I looked at him and he was so puffed up his scales were sticking out and his eyeballs were pushing out. Now he's lost his ability to swim around unless I try to get him with the net. He's still breathing and eats if he gets near the bottom, but he's obviously not long for this world. Whats my moral obligation here? Should I let nature takes its course or shoud I, like, take matters into my own hands ? Is it okay to flush a living fish? I don't know but I hate see that thing all puffed up and bouncing around the tank.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Just pretend that he is Nemo and flush him to freedom. Pretend that you don't know that the pressure from flushing kills the fish anyway.

That reminds me, I have yet to get a replacement for William Jennings Bryan.

Lauri said...

Pete you can't even flush that fish, it'll clog the toilet. Let it live out its days then your gonna have to bury him.

Jeff said...

...or you could give him a glorious death by exploding him in your backyard with a firecracker!!

Happy Hour tonight? (not for exploding the fish, but just to go)

Amanda Jane said...

make sure if your flush him to send him off with a splash of beer in the toilet. someone i know did that once. i'm not saying who. how can a goldfish clog the toilet if a gigantic turd doesn't? sorry, that was kinda gross. also, my theory: your goldfish has s tumor.

Pete said...

I shit bigger than that fish