Wednesday, November 30, 2005

December...

This time of year is exciting and it sucks at the same time...for me anyways. The whole month of December is the most stressful for me. Here's why: First off its cold. I hate being cold. I like the seasons and i'd be pissed if it weren't cold, but i still don't like being cold. And i don't like being cold when i have to get up early in the morning. I'm not a morning person. Actually i'm not a night person either. I'm my best between 11am and 2pm. So its a very small time of the day when i'm actually eager to do something or go out. But i'm straying here...Also in December is my birthday. I only like to remind a couple of people of my bday. I don't like attention. If everyone else forgot, i wouldn't mind so much. As my birthday rolls near i remember how i'm getting older and not much better. I haven't really done anything exciting in the past year and then i think about how its gonna be the new year in a few weeks. Ah its horrible. And then there's the dreaded yearly review at my work. I'm constantly talking about how work sucks but in December it all comes to a head and i get a raise and it has to last till the next December. I've been complaining tons about work and my life these past few months and i think Pete is sick of it. I understand, no one likes a broken record. He's sympathic of course but he also reminds me that things aren't that bad. I have a working car, two jobs, a nice place to live, etc. A conversation like that usually will last me a few good days, till i sink back in to depression. Yesterday Pete and i hung out. We went driving and i wanted to know where we could go to see some wildlife. I ended up driving into the depths of Altadena where sure enough, we saw wildlife. A coyote! It was good enough for me! On Monday i had a physical therapy appt. Apparently it was cancelled and they had my wrong phone number. Needless to say i was inconvienced. I have another appt. today. Its acutally my first real appt. The first time i went was an evaluation. This time its working out. woo hoo free gym! Sheila's kitty Gretel is getting spayed tomorrow. Poor baby. I haven't seen Gretel in a while but Sheila says she's getting big. Hey did you notice that even when you refresh the blog its adds a number to the bottom. Lame. i think we should take it off. I have got to start Christmas shopping, I have to!!!!! See...stressful. Ok i'm gonna stop now.

3 comments:

Amanda Jane said...

I am thoroughly enjoying the cold weather as warm weather generally makes me cranky. I know what you mean about getting down sometimes-I get really sick of school sometimes and then I get reminded about how good I have it and how I'm not losing sleep or getting frozen back muscles from anxiety like I did when I was teaching, and I feel a lot better, but i know what you mean..

Pete said...

You can't have her, she's mine!

Lauri said...

wow a fight over me??!!! aawwww