Monday, November 21, 2005

Yes or No & Thanksgiving

Hey everybody what's going on? It is odd I always start my posts with a question like that since you really can't respond. How you are as I am writing this might be entirely different then how you are when you read this. Oh well.
So tomorrow was one of my days off. But my manager asked me if I could come in and work tomorrow because he had some people going out to set up some additional POS's for the more busy stores so they can be ready to sell, sell, sell this holiday season. So I was like Yeah sure I will come in tomorrow. I mean money is money, right? But then I found out one of the stores they were setting up an additional POS in was none other than Santa Anita Fashion Park which I live like a block away from. So instead of having to come here tomorrow I just have to go to the mall and set up a POS system. Pretty cool.
Yes and No. Yes because I don't have to come here and sit in the office early in the morning. I get to drive down to the mall and set up a computer system in a store comprised of primarily female workers and female patrons. Nice deal, right?
No because technically speaking I have never set up a POS system by myself. I have watched and helped a coworker do one and I have built one at the office but those aren't fully completed POS's those are just to make sure we have the parts and to program them. So I kind of look at this as a test. He seemed like he didn't want me to go but I live a block away how could he resist. So I am thinking if I can pull this off without needing much or any help that will go a long way in helping me to maybe actually go on business trips in the future as well as proving that I know what the hell I am doing and not just the token. So it will be interesting. I am very nervous to say the least. I think I'll be fine though...
So Thanksgiving is on Thursday how exciting. Not really though Thanksgiving is cool it is basically a reason to eat a lot and watch football and see members of your family that you don't normally see. I am glad though that I do have a place to spend Thanksgiving because if I didn't have the Declerk's I probably wouldn't even have turkey on Thanksgiving or if I did it would be some nasty Denny's turkey or something. Anyway I just wanted to thank the Declerks for taking me and my orphan brother in and feeding us turkey and making us feel welcome. THANK YOU!
So now before I get too sappy and start crying or something. I am going to get on outta here and listen to my iPod before I leave work to go see Harry Potter. Peace out. In case I don't post before then. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: