Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pete's Reading Rainbow

For those of you avid readers out there I have to recomend a book called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. This book kicks ass. I will warn though, its a mjor commitment. The prose is fairly dense and its Just under 850 pages. But it creats a world, history, and characters that are as vivid and interesting as Lord of the Rings. It basically follows the careers of two magicians (more like wizards but she calls them magicians, susing the word as meaning: those who study Magic) and thier quest to "restore English magic.." in the Napoleanic era. Seriously , the best book I've read in a while.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I bought this an am looking forward to reading except I hope it is more exciting than the Lord of the Rings series, which are about as exciting as watching the grass grow. I enjoyed the movies though.

Pete said...

philistine.