Sunday, November 06, 2005

Welshmen and Nordic Gods

Guess what everyone? It looks as though Owen has accepted our invitation to join the Blog all the way from Britain (Is that in London? Because the word on the street is that you're Welsh, my man.) Anyway, welcome Owen we look forward to your contributions.

So yeah, is it just me or have things been a little slow around here for a while. Sure there was the revelation that Katie is crazy, but I mean, did we need a post to figure that one out? I think not, I mean she is from Idaho after all. As for myself, i still have a job despite the overzealous emailing. Otherwise not a whole lot thats new. We went to Dave and Buster's the other night for happy hour. Tim treated for the most part with his $100 gift certificate. We played some hoops, and some skee ball and some skeeball horse racing (which I kick ass at by the way, one more thing to add to my resume.) Then we went to Randy and Alex's newly renovated apartment (now without wall to wall pubes, magazines and empty beer boxes. Just kidding...or am I?) and drank an 18 pack. What is it about Thursdays that makes me want to fill my body with nothing but Buffalo wings, nachos and light beer? I don't know but it makes friday feel like I want to do nothing but sleep and drink Gatorade all day and we all know thats what Saturdays are for. Perhaps its because Thursday was originally known as Thor's Day, as in the Nordic God of Thunder. And as we all know Thor likes to party. When it comes to showing restraint Thor says: "I say Thee, Nay!" ( any comic book fans out there? No? WHATEVER!) Anyone remember what Thor's hammer was called? Neither do I, but used to know this and it's buggin me so now I have to look it up. Thanks a lot.

...Time Passes...

Mjolnir. It was called Mjolnir. In the comic book it was disguised as a cane when Thor was hiding in his mortal form, he would hit the ground with it and he would be revealed as Thor.

So yeah, what was I talking about? I think I've actually been spending too much time IN the Rat Race. Not like 9-5 or anything but I think it's time to get out of town for a few days. Maybe a random camping trip to San Mateo or Leo Carrillo. Really I'd like to get off the beaten path, but its gonna be cold anywhere outside of So. Cal. I'm gonna check some temperatures see what the world is like Over the Hills and Far Away.
I think thats it for now, I can't think of any funny stories and the Boondocks cartoon is premiering in a few minutes so I'm gonna check that out.

No comments: