Monday, November 28, 2005

Music News and Such

So it's Monday. Not a lot going on here at work obviously because here I am blogging. I only have a few cases and they can wait till tomorrow I feel. The phones aren't ringing at all so basically I am completely useless right now. Except for sitting listening to my iPod and downloading songs here and there. I rule!!
So I have been on a Country kick lately. I don't know I never really liked Country before like a month ago. Now suddenly I really, really like it. I found it kind of weird. I do like that a lot of the songs are about drinking there are also a lot of songs about heartache and what not. I don't know it may be a phase but I don't think so. Whatever though you probably are saying to yourself, "I don't really care about Randy's musical tastes." That's cool.
More music news: One thing I don't like about iTunes is the fact that some albums you have to buy to get one good song. I recently ran into this. The soundtrack to "Elf" has a really good song by Zooey Deschanel and some guy, they do a duet on "Baby it's Cold Outside". I really like this song. So when I went to download I was halted by the fact that to get this one song that I like I had to purchase the whole album. Granted $9.99 is not a lot for an album but if all you want is one song it is a lil pricey. Eventually I caved in and bought the whole album and came to discover it's not total crap but besides the one song I wanted nothing memorable or massively worth repeat listening. I feel the draw of iTunes is being able to buy one or two songs off an otherwise forgettable album and not feel gipped. Oh well another life lesson learned.
Yet more music news: Sorry but I am at work with nothing to do but listen to music and download stuff. I am thinking about starting to buy Christmas music. I mean the season is drawing near and a few Christmas songs here and there wouldn't be bad. If it sounds like I am seeking approval it is because I am. Downloading Christmas songs seems like not something I should be doing. Isn't that for girls and stuff. Not attempting to be sexist or anything but guys in general aren't really supposed to be into downloading Christmas songs, right? If I am wrong awesome, but somehow I think I am not and if I start downloading Christmas songs I will be viewed as less of a heterosexual male. So I am going to wait for opinions on this before moving forward on the whole Christmas song thing.
Alright that's it for now, I guess. At the rate this evening is going it could very well be a two post occasion. So for now I will bid you all adieu. Talk to you later. PEACE!

4 comments:

Pete said...

I already view you as less than heterosexual male so download away. Remember you were really into '70's R&B for a while? I think this country thing is along those lines. However, it can't hurt to have well rounded taste in music.

Owen said...

top christmas (or 'pagen greed fest'as i like to call it) tunes- shane mcgowan and kirsty mccall: fairytale in new york, fountains of wayne:i want an alien for christmas, and um, thats it. if you're getting into the country thang may i recomend the following acts: iron and wine, ryan(thats ryan)adams (esp. his early stuff), willard grant consiracy, gram parsons, uncle tupelo (i can keep going if you want me to)

Lauri said...

Maybe you can start by having a christmasy ring tone on your cell phone. Not to mention, if you download christmas music on your ipod, are we really going to be aware of it? I mean i don't know what's on there now so i doesn't really matter.

Randy said...

Thanks Pete.