Tuesday, November 08, 2005

so the plane decends down through the clouds, and through the rain flecked windows i see London spread out beneath us, like a vast study of grayness. my over inflated expectations of service staff caused by california are quickly blown away. two disinterested 18 year olds man the bus terminal office. they view me with derision, before half-heartedly selling me a ticket while voicing their cultured opinions of the current music scene- "i fuckin' luv maroon 5 i do". i head west through the wind and rain, and hear comments like 'worst storm in living memory' being thrown around. i get back to my parents house and open the local news paper to be greeted with the headline 'Man, 28 "forgets biting policemans crotch". i dont leave the house for three days. on the sunnier side of the tracks, last night i went to see folk/punk singer/cartoonist jeffery lewis, and i prononce him this weeks winner of the 'owen griffiths' god like genius award' .

5 comments:

Jeff said...

this is the kind of post we need to see more often on this blog. Not bad for a guy from a colony. That's right, I said it.

Pete said...

yes there are advantages to living in a culture of rampant consumerism, you tend to get pretty good customer service. Unless you're me then you get kicked out of Applebee's.

Randy said...

We all got kicked out of Applebee's Pete.

Pete said...

With your striking good looks, you would have ben offered beer and blowjobs, had I not been there.

Jeff said...

somebody is worked up about my anti-cat sentiments