Thursday, December 08, 2005

Finally Mileage and Scrubs

Well this whole week I've been busy if not working buying presents for people on my christmas list. Let me start from the beginning.... MONDAY I worked on the David Fincher film Zodiac but now called Chronicles. It was just so-so. I was hyped cuz I love David Fincher movies, The zodaic killer sounded like a coolsubject, and David Fincher upgrades his extras. But that didn't happen nothing really happened. I waited til I was finally called on set and did nothing. But one thing happenedthat was wierd and cool. I had to walk past the actor and keep walking til the director said cut. So i walked and didn't hear him say cut till I was all the way on the other side. Now it was at Ontario Airport I literally walked from Gate 1 and 2 to the exit. Then they said reset I ran to get back but only got halfway and the 1st ad is all stop all right turn around and start there. The next take was a mess up and i got closer to my original but still didn't get there. The 1st stepped in again and then I heard a guy behind a tv say it's all right just get back in time and I went to my original start mark. The guy behind the tv was DAVID FUCKING FINCHER. I didn't mess up again. But the fun didn't stop there when we were waiting to be checked out the drivers were last after 100 people. They only hadone person checking out people and he was so slow! This fat old guy who looked like Wilford Brimley started talking about how he better paid for mileage for driving to ontario. He was I'm gonna call sag I want to be paid for mileage, i'm gonna call sag i want to know how far ontario is from the studio, Im gonna call sag how much is mileage. I was sick of it. I said we could get out sooner if we had more than one slow person checking people out. They should have a PA help. Wilford talked again PA's cant sign people out I'll call sag and they'll tell you. I was like whatever and went to the restroom to kill time. Finally I was checked out and yes we were paid for mileage. It was 6pm and kinda didn't want to work so I called My Call -in service and said to check before after saying that 5 minutes later they were wondering if i wanted to work "Scrubs" Now for all you other extras say Scrubs is the best show to work on. The crew is laid back, they feed you good, the actors are cool, and there are couches in holding and you could watch movies (holding is where you stay til they need you for the scene). So I said I would work it. TUESDAY Well all of that is true. I was a orderly so I could throw fun in. It was fun and for lunch Steak! Steak for lunch and it was real steak and so good also fresh made pasta. When we were about to shoot Donald Faison was shouting wrestlers I don't know why but he said a bunch and said Come On Guys so I shouted some out and he was like good job (they were mostly older wrestlers). The old doctor said some really old guy that we never heard of and explained him to us and said he busted people all the time. Donald said that still happens with guys like Raven ( who is crazy and blood is gauranteed in every match). He then said wrestling Fake HA! Later on I was called by my Call-in service and booked me on scrubs again I was like yes! WEDNESDAY got there and had some pancakes changed in my wardrobe and waited. The PA didn't pick me for the first scene and mostly everybody elsewas picked. I talked to my friend Reggie and said i think Josh (The PA) doesn't like me. He said Naw! it's just one scene. I was like yeah. So I waited and waited and waited. The people had rest and I always asked if they were done and they said no. It was lunch at 1:45 they still weren't done. The scene was 4/8 of a page. But they had some stunt well woohoo. Anyway they got done at 3:30. Then all of a sudden the PA pointed to me after talking to the 2nd AD. I was picked to be a maintenace man and friend of the big janitor guy. Only 3 other people were also picked. Also the 2nd Ad asked if I could come back tomorrow. Thank you Krista (the 2nd AD) but as I was gettin done changin Josh is all Hurry up getting dressed and I did but they didn't even need me right then. But I was finally used and it was great. Ok after that scene the PA said I was wrapped I was ok one scene whatever. To double check I asked the PA if I was working Thursday he said call central it was 6:30 central is closed. I asked again he said call the message box (where you call to get info about your show you are booked on). I said the call time change box or the info and he said call the box. I was getting frustrated and I returned my wardrobe and they asked If I am coming back I said Probably. So I just assumed from what Krista asked me. It turns out I was. But I needed my call time. So I asked Josh and he said Check the Box I got my voucher signed said thanks and walked out frustrated. I had to call my call-in service and get my call time cuz it never said on both boxes. They called back and said 5pm I was like WOW! Oh wait The box just told me my call-time and it was changed to 7 pm. What am I gonna do with all that time? Anyways I love scrubs and hope to be a regular and it's okay if the PA doesn't like me cuz The 2nd AD does. Soon everyone will!!!! HAHAHA!!!! Especially WHEN i become FAMOUS!!!

I thought cuz Tim said everyone should say nice things to people on the blog I thought I should say nice things to everyone:
Pete- You are a really smart and great friend. Really funny too. Finishing college.
Lauri- You are the coolest girl I've ever met.
Tim- You got a nice body (i'm not gay) and is funny sometimes. Fishing college too.
Randy- You are my bro. You know I love ya. You have always watched over me and kept me safe and on my toes.
Sheila- When I see you you are cool (just kidding) except the cool girl part I guess it runs in the Cuypers blood.
Owen- A cool guy I wish I got to know more. Your blogs are so good and poetic.
Tom- Welcome to the blog. Another funny DeClerk. Smart guy. Finishing college also.

I said the college part cuz It's important and I just quit maybe I should go back...
hhhmmmmm....... NAAAHHHH!!!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

So what you are saying is that you got paid to stand around and eat steak? That is so awesome. I had a friend in college that got paid to watch football and thought there were no better jobs, but I think you beat that. At my work we get shitty tacos and I deal with immature students.