Sunday, December 11, 2005

Freakin' Weirdos and People Who talk to you while you pee.

I've always held that a good quarter of the population is just this side of sane and that another quarter is jst the other side of sane. When you see three thousand people a day as I sometimes do in my job, imagine how many of them are freakin' wierdos. The nutter that I ran into today wasn't even at my job, he was at the market across the street. I was in line at the checkout, and I always choose the wrong line, and this guy comes and stands right next to me. Not behind me or slighty askew of me, but right next to me. At first I thought he was trying to cut in front of me and if that was going to be the case, I was going to jail that night because I've had just about enough of that lately. But no, as I moved forward he moved up wit me. When I came to the register he was standing so close to me that I could feel his breath on my ear. When the cashier greeted me, he greeted us, saying, "How you guys doing tonight?" then he asked, "is this together?" as in our groceries. I said no, paid and went on my merry way. So was he just one of those that are just on the other side of sane? Was he a sociologist doing an experiement on social norms? Or was he some dirty German with no sense of good ol American personal space? German would be my guess, I hate those dirty Krauts.
Then we got the guys who talk to you while you're urinating. Got one of those today. He wasn't even in the stall next to me, he was a few stalls over, but he has to say Hi, even though was doing my manly duty of staring straight ahead. When your in the bathroom, junk in hand, just shut up. Just don't say anything. Lest you get grouped in with the nutter at the supermarket.

You can all keep the gay jokes to yourself by the way. Jeff, I'm looking your direction.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I didn't even have a gay joke in mind. I am an open-minded individual with no negative feelings about people with homosexual tendencies. In fact, I totally agree. Bathrooms are for taking a piss or dump. You drop-off, wash your hands, and leave. No conversation. Actually, I would go as far to say that a bathroom is like Vegas...what happens there stays there. No need to say "man, this dude in the bathroom just ripped a big one" because that will be you one day.

Pete said...

I occurred to me after writing that post that on two occasions in one night dudes were trying to get all friendly. Thats why I added the discalimer at the end.
I was wearing a striking burgandy shirt with an open collar, perhaps that what merited the attention.

Owen said...

hey leave off the germans! this generation of 'krauts' havn't even invaded poland yet, also germany is suffering from a 'collective, national depression' according to my sunday paper. thus this kind of attack from a californian in a 'striking' burgandy shirt may cause untold phycological damage. also i have to admit i have been known to converse with people in toilets. however,in the clubs i used to frequent, the toilet was the only place it was possible to have a conversation due to the pounding beats and deep bass, man.

Pete said...

I'm just sayin' those germans have personal space issues. You go to disneyland and those dudes are all up in your space. Maybe they just need a hug I don't know, but they need to get out of my comfort zone.